Future Sons of Anarchy!

No wait, not a Kurt Sutter masterpiece about bikers in space. But at least they are bikers in space and that's already awesome as is!


Now I've had a couple of these bike models in my 'things to print' folder for a while now and lucky the entire contents of said folder make it unscathed to my new computer build. One spare afternoon later and I was so impressed by the first biker, I started on another: 

Two became four..

And I'm sure with all the space bike models on hand, there'll be plenty more to print... (Actually there's at least five more in the downloads folder just waiting for a rainy day.

The two snipers stand by themselves, their bikes balance by an outstretched foot. The flamer and the plasma guy however were printed with a slight lean which means I'm going to have to run them across some sandpaper until they can stand on their own. The good news is, the only take roughly 2.5 hours on the Ender 3 V2 so if I make a total mess of things, I can just do another. 

The first painted guy needs some more layers and a bit of shadow work but for a first coat basic cover he looks okay provided you don't zoom in too close.

THE GOOD

-There are a lot of bikes you can print with various weapons from the firepower you see here to spears and other hand weapons for that real Mad Max vibe. In searching for bikes like this I also came across ork bikes, ork buggies and choas bikes so soon I'll have a huge squad of future bike raiders ready to...actually I haven't worked that next bit out yet.

(Actually some of these models are marked for the Gaslands and would be perfect for Wasteland Racing through One Page Rules)

THE BAD

-Ever since I rebuilt my computer and installed the new metal extruder, my prints have become a whole heap 'linier' as you see with the grey painted dude above. I'm still using the same miniature profile I've always used but there's obviously more than a setting or two I can tweak here. What hasn't helped also is a lack of primer here to partially fill some of the minute gaps. I've just painted straight over the red with Game Color and while it works okay, on primer is the answer.

-I'm not a fan of painting on red to begin with but my wife is busy using this colour for a couple of her projects currently so it's easier to just run with it. I have some grey which I like for models much better...somewhere...

WHERE TO GET THEM:

These are all the amazing work of Karnage King and while I could link to just his bikes, I feel you really need to see all he's created to really appreciate his stuff. Which you can do right here. I'm really looking forward to not only more bikes soon but also: 

I've also knocked up some free bases to print with them to keep everything nice and stable!


How cool is that sidecar going to be!



More dakka!





Comments

Popular Posts